Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Parking Strip: 4/24/16

We're back down on the sidewalk today, where a couple new things are blooming.


A cute little Bachelor Button.



His Pineapple Sage buddy is SO bright.
Salvia elegans 'Golden Delicious.'
I keep repeating myself, but both of the Pineapple Sage's are such great plants.
This one maxes out at about two feet, so if you don't have the space for the giant one, this is your guy.
The hummingbirds will sing your praises, as it starts blooming when everything else is winding down.





Speaking of giant plants, I moved my Dahlia 'Otto's Thrill' down here from the backyard.
This sucker gets so dang tall, and I just didn't love where it has been the last couple years.
So we'll try him out in a new spot.



I moved a piece of this Peony down here last year, and his buds are starting to show color.


My 'Hot Lips' Salvia seems to have morphed into 'Lipstick.'  There's not a sign of white on the flowers at all, which really doesn't hurt my feelings, since I'm not a huge variegated flower fan.


His variegated Iris friend has buds, as well as the Allium.






And last, over in the little strip, on the other side of the driveway, Salvia 'Crystal Blue' is blooming.
I think he's thanking me for the pile of compost.



I'll head up into the yard for tomorrow's post.


4 comments:

  1. I just cut my BB down , it had gone floppy with the rain, It seems to not mind and comes back quick enough !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always end up whacking mine back, too. They get mildew really bad after they bloom. But after a good hack job, they come back and bloom again.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, so many cute little flowers! I love that bachelor button flower! I am definitely going to buy some Pineapple Sage this year, for sure! I would love to see a view of your whole front yard......from the road....!? Can you do that? I want to see what it is like for the people walking by or driving by....your plant paradise :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little bunch of plants you have there! I have that same variegated iris (mine's from Anna) on my parking strip, too. I think it's called Iris confusa.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover