Monday, January 25, 2016

Master Bedroom Remix

I've been putzin' around in the bedroom the last few days, and since I haven't done a post of that room in a looong time, I figured I'd haul out the camera.


Since before Christmas, I've been itchin' to paint the walls.
I even bought some samples of different shades of white.
If you've been around since the beginning, you know our bedroom is dubbed, The Dungeon.
The only natural light is from the french doors to the patio and the window in the master bathroom.
So I was thinkin' the white would lighten it up a bit more.
And would be cheaper than the dream of installing a solar tube.
Anyway, it's so much easier to "shop" colors on Pinterest than actually moving everything out to paint in real life.
So I figured I'd switch some things up to appease the need for change.
Also, the darkness makes it super hard to photograph for a novice like me, so forgive the blown out photos.


I made a new thingamajig to hang jewelry on.
I had the other ones, that I shared in this post, but I was ready for somethin' different.
The frame was one I already had, with glass and a picture in it, so I took those out.
I was originally just going to use the chicken wire, leaving the back open, but after fighting with it for longer than I care to admit, I ripped it all out and started over.
I drug this coffee bag out of the shower (more on that in a minute) and cut it up to fit.
Then I put the cardboard mounted picture back in to stabilize everything.
Muuuuch better.
I mostly hung earrings on it, but I used some S-hooks to hang a few necklaces and bracelets, too.


I did keep some of the original framed jewelry boards, that you can see in the pulled back photos.



Another thing that's been buggin' me forever was the round mirror over my dresser.
The dresser is really long, and it just always felt awkward to me.
So I swapped it with the rectangle mirror that was hanging over The Dad's dresser.
I added in some other stuff to make it a full-on gallery wall, and it makes the giant dresser less of a focal point.
I know, crammed walls aren't everyone's jam, but I just can't stop covering them all up.
Here are some pulled back shots.


I swear the bed was made nice when I started.
Baby and the dog happened.



All the other frames, pictures, and the shelf, were things I had in my stash.









I won this canvas print before Christmas in this giveaway on Tracie's garden blog, Fishtail Cottage.
I love it.




 A couple of the prints are from old calendars, including this one.


I didn't mess with the top of the dresser much.
It's another flat surface that I cram full.
I love all my little trinket boxes and trays.
And birds, clearly.
I made this one in middle or high school.



I love this picture of The Girl and The Kid holding Baby in the hospital when she was first born.


My sister got me this little dish for Christmas.


This one was from my mom last year.


Another one from my mom this Christmas.



On the other side of the room is The Dad's tallboy dresser and I hung the round mirror over that.
Soooo much better.  Like it was meant to be.
I brought in some Sweet Box branches to stick in some of the amber bottles, but other than that, this is all the same.










You can read more about the Date Night Book that I gave him two years ago here.
The free printable is here.








A kid craft.  :o)





I pulled this off for the photos, but he also has a tray that's his catchall.
It's usually overflowing onto the top of the dresser, so this is actually pretty decent.



And there ya go.
Just a bit of rearranging and some sprucing up to take the "need" for change down a notch.
For a while anyway.
Now, about that shower I mentioned.
Our master bathroom has never felt done to me.
We added it in 2007, when I was pregnant with The Girl.
I know what I want for shelves over the toilet, we just haven't gotten to it yet.
And the gallery wall (yes, another one) is still a work in progress.
I'd LOVE to find an old piece of furniture to convert into a vanity.
Lots of little things that are still on the to-do list.
But the MAIN reason it doesn't feel done is, because it isn't.
The shower was never tiled, so it's just an empty box.
Well, okay, maybe not empty.



Um, train wreck.
It's a nightmare and I HATE it.



Are you kidding me?


It's getting emptied out ASAP.
My seeds and plant tags are somewhere in there!


Who knows, this just may be the year of the Tiled Shower.
Crazier things have happened.


4 comments:

  1. I love your wall in your bedroom with your frames! Such a cool gallery you created with all of your pieces and your jewelry storage is fantastic! I need some more of that in my life!! Wishing you a great night and a happy Tuesday friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you're displaying your jewelry! I wish I wore enough to keep it outside of a box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that you mixed your jewelry frames with your gallery wall art. You do such a good job keeping organized. My room seems to be the perennial catch all for things I don't want my kids messing around with. Your shower made me laugh a bit. I don't think houses are ever finished. Ours was just built and there is so much work left to do just to finish the yard. You guys are great at DIY and if you can remodel a kitchen, you can tile your shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy! Has it been that long since I've stopped by!?! Because I have soooo many posts to catch up on!
    Anwyay, I love your master bedroom remix! GREAT call on switching the mirrors! And I love your gallery walls. It's like you're being hugged by happy memories! Oh - and the print of the daughter/mom in the fridge made me laugh out loud!! Good stuff!!!
    Loved seeing all the fun finds in your "shower" too! Girl, you could do a little shopping in there. I think I saw a rug and sheets? :0)
    Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover