Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Front Yard: 5/19/15

We left Friday morning and spent the entire weekend at the Rock Farm.  I am now playing catch up with everything.  The house, the yard, the blog.....I worked out back all day yesterday and I'm the sorest I've been all season.  It hurts to sit down to pee, because my butt muscles hurt so bad.  The inside of my legs cramp up every time I move.  My back is pretty much broken.  The culprit is most likely lifting and moving things I shouldn't have been lifting and moving.  But when you're in the middle of a job, there's no patience to sit around and wait for muscle.  You do it yourself.  And then you pay.

Anywho, I went out with my camera this morning and took pictures out back, out front, and down in the parking strip.  I'll start today with the front, only because I'm so excited to share my new Allium that a friend in the neighborhood gave me.


It was sorta hard to capture its magnificence in photos.
It's like a giant firework.
I love, love, love it.






So cool, right?
The Lilac that I whacked to pieces is showing green.
I knew it would make a comeback.



In the wagon, I stuck a cute little Thrift that I got at the Garden Blogger's Plant Swap a few weeks ago.




I stuck my usual Tuberous Begonia in the tree pot again this year.
It turned out to be more red than I would have liked, I was expecting more of a hot pink, but it'll be pretty anyway.


I've never been able to make Astilbe very happy, so I was very excited to find one of them looking like it's gonna bloom well this year.
I don't know what I did different, but it worked.



The Dad gave me a six pack of pink Lilies for Mother's Day, three I stuck in the back and three out front.



A neighbor gave me some Walla Walla seed onions last year, that I planted in the old sink.
Quite a few came up, and were harvested, but the remaining ones ended up growing through the winter.
I didn't think they'd amount to much, but at least a few look like they're makin' onions.



And last, one of my favorite plants, that I've had since 2002, is just starting to bloom.
'Ann Folkard' Geranium.



The latest blooms out back, and down on the sidewalk, coming up this week.



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! That allium is gorgeous! I can so see its firework sparkler shape!! WOW! And I have a few astilbes in but man I haven't had luck with them either...yours is awesome! Glad you guys got away! So much pretty happening my friend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Folkard is a great Geranium, and that Allium is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love alliums, but have never seen one like that! Fabulous!
    Everything looks so healthy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that allium is spectacular! I planted some here several years ago and none of them came back. I think they are too prone to freezing out up here. Sounds like you really pushed yourself hard over the weekend! The lilies look pretty next to the lambs ear? The Ann Folkard geranium looks great- love the color. My cranesbill are on their way up but a ways from flowering. We had a late frost over night---brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love that Allium too. I want it 😃. Holy Moly, what were you working on that you beat up your body so badly? Better take it easy this week in the yard. Can't wait to see your upcoming posts with all the new blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love that Allium too. I want it 😃. Holy Moly, what were you working on that you beat up your body so badly? Better take it easy this week in the yard. Can't wait to see your upcoming posts with all the new blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like everything is moving along beautifully. Even your lilac is coming back nicely. I think you might have overdone it there, kiddo-slow down--that is one thing I have learned. I don't have to do it all in one day like I used to do.
    Love that sweet little geranium. I have not seen those before. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I climbed that big sand dune in pacific city on monday and I felt just fine the next day. You need to work a bit harder there. Your allium is phenomenal and I like your geranium too. I love that its been there since 2002.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover