Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Framed Christmas Chalkboard

Okay kids.  This has got to be the fastest DIY Christmas decoration ever in history.


That roll of black contact paper I bought when I was redoing The Kid's bedroom is one of my best purchases to date.
I use it for EVERYthing.



Including this here ten minute project.
I cut a piece of it to fit the hole behind the mat.
I stuck it to the photo that came with the frame.
I stole the mistletoe drawing idea off my Chalkboard Pinterest board and free handed it in chalk.
Then I went over it with my chalk pen.
Then I put the frame back together and hung it on the wall.
Done and done.
Soooooo easy.





And, I've got a tip of the day for ya.
Use one of your kid's pencil sharpeners to sharpen your chalk.
Sooooo much easier than that dumb flat edge they come with.



Genius, right?

Am I the only one who finds it nearly impossible to photograph something with glass?
The glare is a nightmare.
The good news is, I was NOT rocking my bathrobe for a change.



And here it is up, on the wall.









I was so excited at how easy it was, that I busted out another version.
This time, I just stuck the contact paper over the top of my framed etched flower in the dining room.
This one, did not go quite as quickly.
My chalk pen ran out of chalk midway through.
So I had to do it all with real chalk.
Plus, letters take FOREVER.
But it was still faster than painting and framing a new chalkboard.








I'm not in love with the way the letters came out, so don't be surprised if it's different when I post a Christmas decoration house tour.  
But it will do, at least until tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Good thinking! I have a project in mind that this technique would be perfect for. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its cute as can be :) I can't wait for your Christmas house tour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep!!! Brilliant and adorable pal!! I absolutely love it! And your mantle is stunning!!! I have to give it a go!!! Happy day to ya!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your mistletoe chalkboard. I think I'm going to need to borrow this idea!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover