Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spiced Pear Muffins

I was back on the muffin bandwagon last week.  There's a garden at the kids' school and I attend the monthly meeting.  And for some reason, I ended up being the snack mom.  I can't imagine why.  Hardy har har.  I took sweet treats the last couple of times, so I figured I'd do something a little less cavity-inducing this time around.  It's a good excuse to try out new recipes.


I had pears in the fridge, so I searched my Pear Pinterest board. These muffins jumped out.  Yum.

The recipe is here:  Spiced Pear Muffins With Crumb Topping

I had Bosc and something green, so I used one of each.  The recipe said it made a dozen, so I decided to make minis to stretch the amount.  Um, I'm not sure if it was something I did, but there was no way it would only make twelve.  I got 24 minis and 12 standard-sized muffins.  So I'm gonna go ahead and say it makes two dozen.

Here they are, hot out of the oven, at my house:






Good enough to eat.





Baby and I sampled a couple of the big ones to see if they were photo worthy.
The things I do for this blog.
All this eating of food.
You'd think I actually liked it or something.



Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.




7 comments:

  1. I am so going to do this one friend....just made muffins today myself and am in that muffin mode! Actually I am in an eating mode that needs to stop seeing as shorts and what not are just around the corner! Happy day to ya!! Pinning! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, at this very minute, I want one of those muffins. It's that after-dinner need for something sweet. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL- Yeah- you would think you actually LIKED doing that taste testing. You poor girl HAVING to do that! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so delicious!! Very cool you were the snack mom too. I think it has been forever since I have made muffins. I think my kids would flip for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - I found you via the blog The Birds in the Bush, I saw the Spiced Pear Muffins in the Blog Roll and I knew that I had to have a look. My DS2 loves pears so I think that I will be making these very soon, thank you for sharing.

    I also wanted to say that I agree when you say "Very little is needed to make a happy life":)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mindy, The muffins look delicious. I like that you looked to see what you had before you decided what to make. Being resourceful isn't as common a trait as one might think. I am looking forward to seeing your garden come to like this spring. The pictures in your shop are great. Good luck with this new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours look way prettier than the "originals"...just sayin' I like the how the pears pieces are big, like there are true slices of pear in each one. Send me one please!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover