Thursday, March 13, 2014

Crispy Orange Beef

Let me start by saying that every single person at our dinner table loved this.  That's not an easy feat when you're feeding five mouths.  Seems like at least one person always comes up with something to complain about.  Not this night.  No one was complaining because everyone was chewing.


This is another one of those random Pinterest pins.  You see it in your feed, picture looks good, pin it without clicking over to see the recipe.  So when I was putting together our last menu, I was looking for something specific to put some sirloin steaks I had in the freezer to use, that wasn't just throwin' meat on the grill.


If you're an orange chicken fan, you'll love this.  Mmmm, Trader Joe's orange chicken.  That's some good stuff right there.  I used to work at a pharmacy in the mall, and I would eat Panda Express orange chicken almost every day for lunch.  So flippin' good. Anywho, so this is like that, but with beef.  I don't know why it wouldn't work with chicken, though.  In fact, that's on my list of to-tries.


Okay, so back to the recipe, I don't own a deep fryer and I have a hard time convincing myself to dump an entire bottle of vegetable oil into a dutch oven.  Therefore, I've never deep fried anything.  I just put about an inch in a large skillet and fried up the meat that way.  If that still makes you cringe, you could just make the sauce for some grilled, sauteed, or baked meat or chicken, 'cause it was all kinds of good.

Here's the link to the recipe:  Crispy Orange Beef

I omitted the jalapeno for the kids.  The Dad and I doused ours with sriracha to make up for it.  We had steamed rice and oven-roasted asparagus to go with.

Here's dinner on my plate:










And here's seconds on my plate.  :)




Seriously good stuff.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.



3 comments:

  1. Oh super yum. And now on to the stupid questions,...how do you make steamed rice? And did you put it into little cups to form it for serving? Or did you cook it that way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That is some dish friend! And yes that Trader Joe's orange chicken is super yummy! I am down with anything orange so this is a good one for us indeed! Your presentation is beautiful lady! Hope the week has treated you well and that you have a great weekend!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks BEYOND amazing and will be added to menu soon! Yum

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover