Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Blood Oranges

Yep, we went from cupcakes to veggies with the blood orange train.  I know Brussels sprouts aren't the most popular veggie on the food pyramid, but we love them at my house.  I'm not talking about the mushy, stinky, boiled sprouts of yesteryear.  For me, they have to be roasted in the oven until they're brown and crunchy around the edges.  Mmmmm.


I've roasted them with pears before and they're SO GOOD that way, so I figured the blood oranges with them wouldn't disappoint. They did not.

Here's the link to the recipe:  Blood Orange Roasted Brussels Sprouts

It's pretty basic.  All you need is the Brussels sprouts, the blood orange, some olive oil, and salt and pepper.

Here they are comin' together at my house:

Toss everybody together in a bowl.



Spread them out on a preheated baking sheet.



Roast 'em up till they're crispy and brown.




Yum.

To go with, I marinated some sirloin steaks in this Balsamic-Rosemary Marinade.




If you haven't tried the marinade yet, do!
I posted it last February after we had it for our Valentine's Day dinner.
It's sooo good.
And the ingredients are all pantry staples.

I also made Twice-Baked Horseradish Potatoes with some white cheddar melted down over the top.
And bread and wine, of course.

Here's dinner on my plate:









Mmmm, that was a good dinner.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.

3 comments:

  1. Your killing me friend! This dinner looks insane! Like it should be featured at some crazy awesome restaurant...Your kids have no idea how lucky they are...oh but they will one day and they will want to come running back home for some of this goodness! Pinning!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I meant to make brussel sprouts for the first time last fall but I forgot about the recipe I wanted to try out. I'll be back later to visit the posts I missed this week. I fell behind on blogging this week. Hope you are enjoying the snow. Just about an inch has fallen and already the streets are slick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this looks especially good. Your presentation is fabulous. I love how you made the brussels sprouts and then the go with was the steak. That's how I do it as well, though hubby wouldn't agree.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover