Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Soft Pretzel Burger Sliders

Have you seen the advertisements for the pretzel burger at Wendy's?  Have you had one?  Um, it's good. Really good. We have a Wendy's within walking distance of our house and I tried one when they first came out.  Then I had another one about a week later.  Yummy.  But expensive. They're almost five bucks. And that doesn't include the necessary fries to go alongside.  So when I saw these pretzel buns on the clearance rack at the grocery store the other day, I snatched them up with the quickness and knew exactly what I was going to do with them. Make my own dang pretzel burgers, thankyouverymuch.


So the star of the show here is obviously the soft pretzel bun. The ones I found were from the store's bakery, but I'm sure they're not too terribly hard to find.

I mixed up my ground beef with some McCormick's Steak Seasoning, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce and The Dad grilled 'em up with some cheddar cheese.  I smeared honey mustard dressing all over the buns, then layered on lettuce, red onion, tomatoes from the garden, and bacon.  Which, by the way, I cooked in the microwave for the first time ever.  I was prepared to tell you never to do it, but it turned out really good.  With no mess.  In fact, it turned out so well, I'd almost be tempted to cook it like that all the time.  Who knew.

I made the plank potatoes again to go alongside.  I know, I'm a horrible person for constantly making them and still not sharing the recipe.  Soon, I promise.

Here's dinner on my plate:


















So delicious.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


6 comments:

  1. I was wondering if those pretzel burgers were any good. It's seems like a strange combo to me but if you say it's good, I may have to try one. Why have I not made those potatoes yet? They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have had about 5 exactly! Lol. Yours look way better and totally amazing. Give a pretzel bun and I'm sold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the pretzel dog on tv but this is the first I have seen a pretzel burger. It lools delicious! I love bacon on burgers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I love your blog! I came to check out your white anemones, but now I'm hungry and want a big hamburger for some reason :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus Christ, you are amazing. YUMMMM

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover