Friday, July 27, 2012

Saturday In The Hood


Hood River, that is.

We went to my aunt's house in Hood River last Saturday for my cousin's birthday.  The kids pretty much thought they had died and gone to heaven.  First of all, the piece of property that her house sits on may as well be an entire continent, as far as they're concerned.  Especially considering the city lot we inhabit.  Second of all, my other cousin's 15-year-old daughter was there.  They LOVE spending time with her and were pretty much attached to her hips the entire time.  Poor girl.

The weather was perfect, so everyone was able to be outside.  A pig was roasted and a full-table spread was there for the eatin'.  I took Mango-Avocado Salsa.  Have you made it yet?  Deeelicous.  We also got to pick raspberries off of her bushes.  Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

Here's our day in photos:











Goofy face Baby.
She and I watched hummingbirds for a solid 15 minutes.  
They'd zoom right by our heads.
I wish I was better at photographing them.











Here's the pig.
Well, what's left of him anyway.




 Here are some shots of her flower garden.
Ain't it purdy?





Berry pickin'.










 I came home with enough to make Raspberry Bars on Sunday.
Yes, I'll be sharing the recipe.
They're so good it'll make ya cry.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but my aunt's house is a stone's throw away from the house on the blog,  A Country Farmhouse.
When we were leaving Saturday evening, The Dad asked if I wanted to get out of the car and get pictures of it for my blog.
Then we continued on with the story and it was suggested that I get out and creep through the trees to get some really good ones.
After laughing at ourselves and our elaborate fantasy escapade, we decided people in that neck of the woods most likely own shotguns.
So no photos this time of me sitting on the porch with a glass of ice tea and a bouquet of just-picked hydrangeas in a wicker basket, ready for a vase.
I told you it got elaborate.
Maybe next time.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a continent to me too. I'm so amazed at how pristine it all looks. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's gorgeous. I love the convenience of living in town but I would love to live in the country on a couple of acres (as long as there was a Target close by). And man do I love grilled pig. My great-uncle was a hog farmer and we use to have pig pickin's at every family reunion. I haven't had good bar-b-que (with vinegar based sauce - Eastern North Carolina style) in a while. You're making me nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an amazing piece of property! How wonderful that you get to spend time there. And that you got to pick raspberries, and flowers. What a perfect time. We don't have anyone we know to stay with when we're there so we stay at hotels and we have to pay to pick our berries. So you've got it made!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover