Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And Baby Makes Five

We're home! 

 The c-section was right on schedule last Wednesday. 




Baby was born just after 12:30.






20 inches long, 5 pounds 10 ounces.
Oh my gosh, sooo tiny!



We got to come home on Saturday with a weight of 5 pounds 1 ounce.
I've bought melons bigger than that!

This was in the driveway when we got home.



Yep, for those who were placing bets, Baby is a girl.
And so dang sweet I can hardly stand it.

My mom got her a little tree (each of the kids have one too) and a super cute wall pocket.





She's a clone of her brother - she looks JUST like him when he was born.
We named her Laney Rose.
Little Laney.
The kids are smitten with their new little sister.




Especially The Girl.
She is so in love with her new baby.




The Mom is workin' overtime trying to get some meat on her bones, but other than being a little sleep deprived, I'm feeling pretty good.
I'm up and moving, off the heavy pain meds, and enjoying the week home with The Dad, who by the way, is a superhero when it comes to helping.
I can't imagine doing it without him.


Just about the sweetest darned thing you ever did see.



And, of course, I'm taking more pictures of her every day, so this may be a Baby Blog for awhile.  :o)

19 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! She's adorable! I wish you had smell-a-blog, haha. I love new baby smell :) GREAT pictures and I look forward to seeing LOTS more. Congratulations to the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think little Laney Rose is a keeper! A sweet name for a sweet baby. Thanks for sharing pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She`s soooo cute! Love the name too!

    Take good care of yourself!!!!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! I was checking every day waiting patiently for news! So glad you are both doing well. Laney Rose is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby.

    PS> My SIL is due today but no news yet. When she went to the doc on Monday she had dilated 3cm. We're all hoping she holds off until after the Carolina vs Duke game tonight. Go Tarheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting for this post!! She's just beautiful. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations she is precious! I love her name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, she is so sweet. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOORAY!!! I'm so happy for you, Mindy girl! Laney is absolutely precious. I love the photos of your kids with her. So sweet. I've been watching my Reader for a bold lettered Rindy Mae, which would mean a new post. But then I saw you on Pinterest and immediately jumped over to see if you had an update and sure enough. Bless you all. I'm glad everything is going well. Kudos to Dad for helping out. I'm sending air hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Laney awwwwwww, what a sweet name. She is adorable!! I LOVE all the photos. CONGRATS to you all. Glad you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't decide which photo is the best. They all sort of tug at me, but Lonny and Laney (ha, Lonny and Laney) are pretty adorable. But then Emma and Carter and Laney? Yep, pretty adorable too. And then there's you. :) Congrats - so freaking happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness she's beautiful!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my oh my oh my!!!! She is beautiful!!! Congrats!!!! Ohhh how I really shouldn't look at your pictures...I'm working on warding off baby fever!! Ahh!! I love the big sis and little sis photos, they are precious!! So happy for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww congrats Mindy!! She is perfect and her name is so beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family!! Enjoy all this special time xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is just beautiful! I have to admit I've been blog stalking since last Wednesday for an update on your little one ....Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! She is so sweet and so precious. I'm glad to know you are feeling well. Do take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl! I love babies so I wouldn't mind if the blog became a baby blog for awhile...but maybe quick meals you make while being a busy mom to three! In any case, please rest and enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aahhh!!! Congratulations!!! I hope you're recovering well and baby is doing good too...such a sweetie!! Makes my ovaries hurt...thanks! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! She's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!! She's precious!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover