Monday, October 17, 2011

Styrofoam Ladybugs

I feel like I've been off the grid since Thursday.  I'm dealing with insurance crud from the accident, DMV nightmares (I'm cramming to retake a driving test at 35 years old - good times), The Girl's birthday party prep, garage and laundry room purging/reorganizing, a sore body, and then the regular day-to-day stuff.  So I've been a little busy.

I thought I'd poke my head in and give you a little peek at another one of the birthday party decorations I've been working on.  I got a bag of mixed sized styrofoam balls at the Dollar Store.  Six in a bag for a buck.  I stuck toothpicks in the bottoms of them and poked them down into a piece of foam so I could spray paint them red.  I ended up running out of paint because it was a can I already had, so I hand painted them with acrylic paint. 

Here they are with just the red:



Next, for heads, I glued on some black pompoms that I had from another project.
Once those were dry, I painted lines and dots with black acrylic paint.




I'm still trying to decide if they need eyes.
 I think what I'll do is put a little wire loop in their backs and hang them from the light over the table.
If not, they'll make their appearance somewhere for party day.
Back to it......

4 comments:

  1. Awww, those are so cute. Sorry to hear about the crap-filled week you seem to be having. Good luck getting through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. I can't wait to see how you hang them from the light. Are you dreaming on ladybugs at night yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I can't wait to see the whole party together!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover