Friday, September 16, 2011

M Is For Mouse: A Kid Lunch

Can I just say, coming up with a fun lunch that travels in a lunch box is SO HARD!!!!  I may need to just switch over to shapes for The Kid.  If anyone has any grand ideas for things that will stay the way you put them when the lunch is getting thrown into a basket every morning, I'm all ears.

That being said, I made a mouse out of one of the Babybel cheeses for his lunch today.  I just cut it into a triangle, used grapes for the ears, raisins for the eyes, a sprinkle for the nose and carrot for the tail.  His sammie is ham, cheddar and lettuce.  Mini triscuits (just discovered these and they are SO cute!), a few cherry tomatoes, apple rings, and some chocolate Teddy Grahams for a treat.

Here's The Kid's lunch:







For The Girl's lunch, I used a mouse cutter on bread and spread it with Rondele cheese for little sammies.  
Candy eyes and a sprinkle for the nose.
The M and little flowers around the rim are plum.  Also around the rim are more of those mini triscuits and cheddar flowers.

Here's The Girl's lunch:





Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. That is super cute. In The Kid's lunch, it kind of looks like the mouse ate the center of the apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how cute! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I am always wanting ideas for my kids lunch!

    Your newest follower,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that! Can i be your kid, please? :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! I love making shapes out of food for my kids too :) Would you be interested in linking this post to my new link party, Allergy-Friendly Lunchbox Love? (Submissions don't have to be free of all allergens, just relatively allergy-friendly). The party goes live on Friday at 6:00 am. Hope to see you there! http://allergyfreecookery.blogspot.com.

    Lisa @ Allergy Free Vintage Cookery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, these are such cute lunches! Can you please come and make me lunch please? :) Thanks for sharing. I hope you can pop over to my Stress-Free Sunday link-up this Sunday.

    Mary Catherine of Fun-A-Day!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover