Monday, August 29, 2011

A Camping We Will Go: A Kid Lunch

Last Friday I mentioned that I was able to borrow the neighbor's camera to take pictures of our Fun Food Friday lunch, but that I couldn't get them onto the computer.  Well, he put them on a disc for me and ran them over last night.  Unfortunately, since it was a new-to-me camera, only one of the 14 pictures I took turned out.  :o(  Boooo.  But I'll share the best ones so you can at least get the gist of the lunch.

I got the idea for this one out of a magazine.  It was just a snack, so I adapted it a bit to make it work for lunch.

The circle is a peanut butter and jelly sammie.  The rocks are almonds.  Cheddar, carrots, and fruit leather for the fire.  Pretzel sticks for the logs.  Mini marshmallows and chocolate chips around the rim.

Here's lunch on the plate:




2 comments:

  1. Ha, that is so cute. Who thinks of these things? Your plate presentation was awesome as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy! I just wanted to say that I have scoured every inch of your blog these past two weeks and I still cannot get enough! I love what you have done with your home, your garden, and the recipes you try out which look like works of art. You had me Silly Kid Lunch! (I actually found your blog through Spunky Junky) Anyway, just want to say you are such an inspiration, you have a beautiful family and I ENVY your green thumb! Oh! And congrats on the pending new addition! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover