Friday, July 22, 2011

Fish Tostadas With Chili-Lime Cream

I didn't take any in-progress pictures of tonight's dinner.  Honestly, I didn't think I was gonna like it.  It's that fish issue I have.  I find it impossible to get excited about it.  But, at the last second, I snapped a few pics of my plate before digging in.  I'm glad I did.  This was really good.  And really quick and really easy.  Three thumbs up.  I don't even know what that means.

This is another Better Homes tear out.

Here's the recipe with my notes:

Fish Tostadas With Chili-Lime Cream

1 lb fresh tilapia or cod fillets (I used tilapia)
1/2 tsp chili powder, divided
1 lime, halved
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 tsp garlic powder
8 6-inch tostada shells
2 C shredded cabbage mix (I sliced up some green and purple)
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced (I used two)
1 C cherry tomatoes, quartered (I chopped up two regular tomatoes)
I also added shredded cotija and cheddar, refried beans, cilantro and hot sauce


Preheat broiler.  Sprinkle fish with 1/4 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp salt.  For chili-lime cream, mix sour cream, juice from half the lime, garlic powder, and remaining chili powder.  I also added the zest from half the lime.
Cut remaining lime into wedges for serving.

Place fish on greased broiler rack; tuck under thin edges.  Place shells on baking sheet on lowest rack.  Broil fish 4 inches from heat 5 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness, or until fish flakes with fork.  Break in chunks.  Serve tostadas with cabbage, chili-lime cream, avocado, tomatoes, lime, and whatever other toppings you like.

Here's dinner on my plate:





The Cat was workin' his cute poses, hoping someone was gonna hook him up too.


3 comments:

  1. Fish tacos are my favorite!!! But I have never made them because I assumed it was too hard. I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great and it's always nice to have another fish alternative so you don't get bored. Stupid question,.....how do you eat a tostado? Do you just lift up and take a bite? Or do you cut it up? (I know,...but I never once ever claimed to be bright).

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have some interesting recipes. and believe you me I'm ALWAYS looking for interesting (read easy) things to make!~!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover